Indigenous Reading Project is an independent organisation established in 2012 as a not-for-profit Australian Company. We are a passionate team of Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal people working to bring about change in the lives of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander kids.
- People centred - We put Indigenous students at the centre of everything we do.
- Respect – We work cross culturally out of respect for each other and so we can achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Voluntary Service – We harness the power of volunteers who are high achieving, dedicated and professional.
- Excellence – We have high expectations for the quality and impact of our work and we strive for excellence.
- Innovation – We harness the latest technologies, embrace new ideas and products and adapt our processes to stay at the leading edge in what we do and achieve.
We are governed by a Board of Directors and our core work is done by a team of skilled volunteers. We also receive great support from our patron, Professor Marcia Langton.
Indigenous Reading Project Directors - Jay Kickett, Judy Petch, Joanne Chivers, Dan Billing, and Glenn Davidson (Secretary).
We have a team of skilled and experienced people who volunteer their time to support our work. Our people are making a direct contribution to improving the reading ability of Indigenous kids. If you would like to learn more about volunteering, please send a message to email@example.com.